Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm a Leaver


When I said goodbye to my youngest daughter before moving from Ottawa to Prince Edward Island at the end of October 2012; "Daddy, do you know anyone there?" she asked me. "No, Erika!" I replied, "But don't worry, there are no strangers wherever I go -- only friends I haven't met yet."

I've been here less than a year now, but I have met plenty of wonderful people -- My story has appeared in the 3 main newspapers of the province, and I have been invited to many places to talk about important universal values such as love, compassion, tolerance, diversity and respect for life.

Ever since I was a little boy, I never understood anything about the world and anything that happened in my life. Some of the things that ever made sense to me were people that I met and how I felt about them. That's what I cherish and it's enough for me for the rest of my life.

Of course in life we can't help everyone, but everyone can at least help someone. I'm not afraid of moving freely from place to place, as I know there will always be someone special there I will meet, and I'll help or he/she'll help me.

No comments: